We have come to the end of our study of Jesus in the New Testament. Let’s recap what we have learned so far.
In summary, in:
- Matthew, Jesus is The Savior-King; the Sovereign King of kings.
- Mark, Jesus is The Servant-Savior!
- Luke, Jesus is the Son of man, which means He is the King of kings, with an indomitable indestructible kingdom, who first came to SEEK and to SAVE (heal) all who are lost (dead without God), and who will come with the clouds of heaven to be SERVED.
- John, Jesus is the Son of the Highest; the Most High God; The Only begotten Son of God.
- Acts, Jesus is not just the progenitor of the church, but also the power of the church.
- Romans, Jesus is the deliverer from death unto life; life abundant; life eternal.
- 1st Corinthians, Jesus Christ is the FOUNDATION, the foundation of love; love personified and nothing can separate us from that foundation.
- 2nd Corinthians, Jesus is the Ambassador of God to man; the hidden treasure in us, the jars of clay.
- Galatians, Jesus is the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT.
- Ephesians, Jesus is the the armor of God that we ought to put on wholly.
- Philippians, Jesus is the HUMBLE one who is EXALTED over all other names; Jesus is a robber God.
- Colossians, Jesus is the Head of the body, the Hope of Glory, the image of the invisible God.
- 1 Thessalonians, Jesus is the source of salvation, the soon coming Faithful King, the one who preserves us and presents us as being Holistically Holy, in spirit, soul and body.
- 2 Thessalonians, Jesus is the one revealed from heaven who is coming to earth to be glorified and admired, who is the Lord of Peace, the PEACE GIVER.
- 1 Timothy, Jesus is the Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise, The savior of the chief of sinners, of all sinners, the Mediator MAN, the King eternal and the King of kings and the Lord of lords.
- 2 Timothy, Jesus is the One in whom is the PROMISE of life, because He is the PROVISION Of life, the DEATH KILLER / Savior and the RIGHTEOUS Judge.
- Titus, Jesus is the Standard, our Savior & soon coming King in glory, who purifies us from ALL sin by making us CLEAN, NEW and RENEWED.
- Philemon, Jesus is not only a friend who sticks closer than a brother, but our brother, the gracious one, who makes us who are runaway slaves into sons of God.
- Hebrews, Jesus is destroyer of the devil, the deliverer from death and is BETTER than ALL (spiritual (angels), moses (physical), priests (religious) and law (legal)), He is the author and finisher of our FAITH.
- James, Jesus is the SOURCE of our faith, and the husbandman who will return for his harvest.
- 1st Peter, Jesus is the Governor Lord, the Master, the Bonding agent of marital relationships, the Head of the Church and the Suffering servant.
- 2nd Peter, Jesus is the Ultimate Giver (of Power, Provisions and Promises), the DELIVERER of the godly and DAMNER of the ungodly, the PARDONING and PATIENT Longsuffering Lord and the PUNISHER of the ungodly.
- 1st John, Jesus is LIGHT that dispels the darkness from our lives, the LOVE of GOD expressed and personified, and LIFE ETERNAL.
- 2nd John, Jesus is Lord, the Son of the Father and He is the doctrine of truth and love by whom we must Walk, lest we fall.
- 3rd John, Jesus is HOSPITABLE, He is the HELPER of those in need and the Model for HUMILITY.
- Jude, Jesus is the preserver and the reserver, the returning Lord and the one to whom is ascribed all glory, majesty, power, and dominion, both now and for ever more.
- Revelation, Jesus Christ is the LAMB OF GOD; The WORTHY Lamb (Revelation 5:5-9), The WRATHFUL Lamb (Revelation 6:16-17), The WARRIOR Lamb that overcomes (Revelation 7:14), The WEDDING Lamb that weds the Church (Revelation 19:9), The King of kings and the Lord of lords (Revelation 19:16) who is returning quickly to make all things new (Revelation 21:1).
Behold, Jesus Christ in the New Testament.
Now that we have come to see a glimpse of Jesus from the New Testament of the God inspired Scripture, let us count all things a loss (as dung) for the excellency of the knowledge of Jesus Christ the Lord, and let us be found in him, not out of our own righteousness, but on the righteousness which is of God by faith and let us be made conformable unto his death, so that we may attain the resurrection, pressing on toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:7-14).
1 Peter 1:3-9 (KJV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.