We have come to the end of our study of Jesus in the Old Testament. Now that we know Him from the Old Testament of the God inspired Scripture, let us make Him known to those who don’t know Him. But more importantly, let us live of lives as if we really do know who Jesus is. Otherwise, we will be mere professors of knowing God (with our lips) and not practitioners of walking with Jesus in the Spirit (denying Him in our lives). When we profess with our lips and deny Him with our works (life), we are abominable, disobedient and unto every good work reprobate (Titus 1:16).
In summary, Jesus Christ, in:
- Genesis is the Creator, Elohim God and a Priest forever in the order of Melchizedek, the King of Righteousness and Peace
- Exodus is the manna, our bread of life
- Leviticus is the acceptable Offering to God who sanctifies us
- Numbers is the One lifted up and all who look at him on the Cross will be saved when they believe in Him and
- Deuteronomy is our Teacher
- Joshua is Commander and Chief of the armies of the Lord
- Judges is a righteous Judge
- Ruth is the kinsman redeemer wanting to come into your life and mine to be our friend and to associate with us
- 1 Samuel is the shepherd made ruler of all men
- 2 Samuel is the Abishai, the gift of God.
- 1 Kings is greater than Solomon and the King who rode on a donkey bring Salvation the first time, and He will be the King returning riding on a white horse executing Judgment (Revelation 19:11).
- 2 Kings is the one who stretches out his hands and touches our heart, cleansing us from the leprosy and filth of sin.
- 1 Chronicles is the One and Only Omnipotent God
- 2 Chronicles is the Word of God found in the House of God, bringing about a spiritual revival in our hearts
- Ezra is the faithful Scribe, writing grace and forgiveness in our stony hearts
- Nehemiah is in profession, the cup bearer of the wrath of God and in provision, the provider of Rest (the Sabbath)
- Esther is our Intercessor and Salvation (for such a time as this, for such a people)
- Job is the Persecuted One who will Come Back as King of kings and Lord of lords
- Psalms is the Grace of God, to be kissed and embraced; He is the rejected servant and THE Good Shepherd, worthy of all our praises; praises from all that have breath
- Proverbs is Wisdom and all who ask for Wisdom (Him) will receive Him
- Ecclesiastes is the Speaker before the Assembly. We ought to fear God and keep His commandments, for that is the whole duty of man
- Song of Solomon is the Bridegroom waiting for you are me, who are engaged to Him
- Isaiah is the Agnus Dei, The Lamb of God
- Jeremiah is the Righteous BRANCH, a Weeping GOD hoping that all who hear His voice, will see Him and How God visits man through Him
- Lamentations is the Faithful One, the ever Faithful one
- Ezekiel is the True Shepherd, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the diligent Servant, Son of Man, and the Son of God with a new covenant
- Daniel is the Ancient of days and He is not only the protecting Son of God but He is also the PRESENT Son of God, in the midst of the fire of our lives
- Hosea is the faithful one who ransoms us from death and redeems us from the grave, in spite of our unfaithfulness (adulterous life)
- Joel is the Spirit of God, who is poured into the hearts of all, who pardons all bloodguilt and saves
- Amos is our burden bearer, who carried the cross and He will carry us as well
- Obadiah is the deliverance from Zion, the Holiness of God, who is to be worshipped and served
- Jonah is the one who went to the GRAVE because of His GRACE and who wants no one to perish
- Micah is the ruler from Bethlehem, the man of peace
- Nahum is the Yoke breaker and bearer, the one who sets those in bondage free
- Habakkuk is anointed one, the God of our Salvation
- Zephaniah is THE SACRIFICE prepared by God, who hides us from the wrath of God
- Haggai is the desire of all nations, the one who not only cleanses the temple and restores the glory of the house of God, but is also the very glory of God in the temple; He is the Prince of Peace
- Zechariah is the High Priest and riding King that was priced and pierced for us
- Malachi is the Messenger of the covenant, in whom God delights
Behold, Jesus Christ in the Old Testament.
Titus 1:16 (KJV)
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.