Genesis 28:15 records the words of the Lord God in Jacob’s dream. It reads “And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.”
This is a wonderful promise of the Lord God unto Jacob, and close scrutiny of the text reveals that the Lord God promised his
– presence (I am with thee; I will not leave thee),
– preservation (I will keep thee in all places)
– provision (I will bring thee again into this land).
Points to ponder:
To all who are Jesus’ disciples, who love him and follow him, he promised his
– presence for he said that he will be with us always (Matthew 28:20) and that he will never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5).
– preservation by his Holy Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23) who would seal (Ephesians 1:13) and preserve (keep) us so that we may keep the faith (2 Timothy 4:7)
– provision of the promise land where he has gone to prepare a place for us so that where he is, we may be also (John 14:3).
So the question that remains to be answered is, are you assured of the Lord God’s promise of his presence, preservation and provision? In other words, are you his disciple i.e., do you love him and follow him? Think about that. Love God and Love man for in doing so will people know that we are Jesus’ disciples and you can be assured of God presence, preservation and provisions in your life.
Genesis 28:15 (KJV)
15 And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.