All of the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John), record the various cases in which Jesus healed someone. Jesus is the kind of physician who would put the pharmacy out of business, because Dr. Jesus operated by the fullness of the power of God that dwelt in Him, being the fullness Himself.
What can we learn from those whom Jesus healed?
Is there an application to take away, in a day, where man’s trust is more in medicine than in the maker of men.
Jesus healed the
- paralytic – to show that that invalid can be made valid.
- leper – to show that the unclean can be made clean.
- man with the shriveled hand – to show that the withered can be made whole and that the whole must be stretched to serve.
- blind – to show the darkness is dispelled by light and that no one is deprived of seeing Jesus, the Light of the World.
- deaf – to show that the good news can be heard since Faith only comes by hearing (the word of God).
- mute – to show that even the dumb and dumber can proclaim the good news.
- lame – to show that no one can any longer have a lame excuse to not walk in newness of life.
- possessed – to show that those in bondage can be freed and that captivity is set free.
- dead – to show that Only In him is life, life abundantly and all those who believe in Him, though they die yet shall they live.
The greatest healing that Dr. Jesus has demonstrated to many of us -Christians (i.e., his followers, who have believed in His Name) is that He has healed us from the leprosy of sin to show us blameless without spot or wrinkle.
Matthew 9:35 (KJV)
35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
Luke 9:11 (KJV)
11 And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.
Acts 10:38 (KJV)
38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.