In Mark 1:40-42, we see that a leper comes to Jesus, kneels down before Jesus and and beseeches Jesus by crying out, “If thou will, make me clean”. Jesus moved with compassion, put forth (stretched) his hand and touched this leper (who was probably an outcast) and said, “I will; be thou clean.” and as soon as the Lord had finished speaking, the man was no longer leprous.
Jesus is known for several other healing incidents. He healed
- the possessed to show that those who are in bondage can be made free and he/she whom Jesus makes free is free indeed (John 8:36)
- the blind to show that darkness is dispelled by the Light (of the World)
- the deaf to show that the good news of God’s salvation in Jesus Christ can be heard
- the mute to show that even the dumb can proclaim the good news of God’s salvation in Jesus Christ
- the paralytics to show that that invalid can be made valid
- the lepers to show the unclean can be made clean
- the shriveled hand to show that the withered can be made whole/stretched to serve
- the lame to show that one can no longer have a lame excuse to not walk in newness of life (Romans 6:4)
- the dead to show that In him is life, life abundant and those who believe in Him, though they are dead yet shall they live (John 11:25).
Points to ponder:
Have you been healed from the cancer of sin, whose output is second death? If not, why have you not yet believed in Jesus. Come to Jesus, The Doctor, who has the cure for by his stripes we are all healed. He is compassionate and willing. He stretches forth his hand to touch us so that we can be whole.
Mark 1:40-42 (KJV)
40 And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.
42 And as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed.
Filed under: Christian, Professional Speaking | Tagged: By his stripes, Cure for cancer, I will be thou clean, Jesus The Doctor, Jesus the Professional, Professional Speaking Jesus, Second Death, The blood of Jesus, The cancer of sin, The leper healed, Touching a leper | 1 Comment »